Thursday 7 January 2016

Book Judges for the Peter's Junior Book Awards

We were delighted to be asked to be part of the judging panel for the Peters Junior Book Awards. It's really exciting, because we love reading and all wanted to be involved.

Our judging panel

"I really wanted to be a judge because I love reading and I like learning about different authors. It is a chance to read new books that I won't usually get the opportunity to read." Marley

"I wanted to be a judge because you get the chance to read really good books and talk about them with the other judges and people from different schools." Isobel

"I like reading because of all the different books and being a judge means I can read as much as I want." Taylor

There are ten books on the shortlist that we are working our way through. You can find out much more about the Awards by visiting the Norfolk SLS blog. The books are:

Not as We Know It by Tom Avery
Illustrated by Kate Grove



How to Fight a Dragon’s Fury by Cressida Cowell 

Demolition Dad by Phil Earle
Illustrated by Sara Ogilvie



How to Fly with Broken Wings by Jane Elson

The Pirates of Pangaea by Daniel Hartwell
Illustrated by Neill Cameron

The Marvels by Brian Selznick

The Cake, the Wolf and the Witch by Maudie Smith
Illustrated by Tony Ross



My Brother is a Superhero by David Solomons
Illustrated by Laura Ellen Anderson

Hamish and the Worldstoppers by Danny Wallace
Illustrated by Jamie Littler

Return to the Secret Garden by Holly Webb

3 comments:

  1. I love being a book judge because I can read different
    books. Ethan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am enjoying all the books. Pirates of Pangaea is one of my favourites. It's a graphic novel and it's really funny in parts. I also liked Not As We Know It which is heartbreaking. I am now reading Hamish and the Worldstoppers which is also really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Moorlands book judges!
    We hope you're enjoying reading the books nominated for the Peters Book of the Year Award; thank you to some of Deer Class who've already shared their thoughts over on our blog :)
    Happy reading!
    - Apryl @ SLS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!